Friday, July 31, 2009

The Pitfalls of Money

This post isn't a review about a product, but more of a general overview of the pitfalls of money. When I review online money making strategies, I always try to be fair. With every product I review, I take a grain of salt.

It's almost a given fact that "Earn $19,793 a day!" e-books are either one of two things: easily learned facts from Google or catchy headlines that stretch the truth a little bit in order to manage some extra sales for a product. It makes sense, but then wherein lies the truth? What actually makes a product worth buying?

To me, I answer that with another question: Can I turn a profit? I always try and see if investing $79.97 into buying a book is actually worth it. Can I recoup that $79.97 expenditure? Generally, I can. But I always then try to gauge the method on its difficulty. If it's too hard to use, then it's almost like tossing your wallet outside and hoping that someone will put some money inside of it and throw it back to you.

I then try to gauge how fast I can earn a profit when I review online money making strategies. Can I successfully earn an income from it? Or will it just pay for the odd tip to a waiter here and there? The majority of guides and books on money making all focus on earning money quickly and easily. If they were quick in easy the book would either cost and astronomical amount or everyone would be doing it right now.

There's also some products that I feel cross a few ethical boundaries. I won't go into any details, but I will say that if I find a product that crosses an ethical boundary, I will either keep it off my reviews or mention it. It really depends on how bad the infraction is to me.

With all that being said, that is how I generally try to avoid the "Pitfalls of Money." Fast and easy is a selling point for, ironically enough, quickly and easily selling a product. Turning a quick dollar is possible, but I'd prefer to be able to turn a dollar and let someone else turn a slightly smaller dollar in comparison to the effort I put into writing something. Generally, I want ot be able to continually have a group following. If a product doesn't come across to me as such, it's probably a scam and one everyone should stay away from.

To make it simple, never let a man with gold teeth talk you, your neighbor, your aunt, your uncle, your sister, your brother, your grandfather, your grandmother and your parents into buying his easy system of making money online, especially without seeing it in one of my posts in which I review online money making strategies first.

No comments:

Post a Comment